Re: [linux-dvb] Most stable DVB-S2 PCI Card?

> As soon as the new S2API mantis tree was mentioned on the list, I used it.
> But most importantly, your only explanation that it still doesn't work,
> because I burned my demodulator using the current s2-liplianin tree is
> *absolutely* ridiculous. You might work it out with Liplianin himself,

No, you happened to be a complete idiot inspite of doing sane things,
being repeatedly warned with posts on the Mailing List. If you can't read,
you suffer from it. s2-liplianin was created with some cause for promoting
the hardware what you were trying to promote. So definitely it is that way.
I can't help that you ran arbitrary code on your computer  and got screwed.

> I did not expect everything rosy, I have my share of Linux HW experiences.
> I've also written a complete Linux driver for a device I had, which wasn't
> supported - that driver is now part of the kernel. So believe me, not only I
> know how open source development works, I even know how kernel driver
> development works.

half baked one's are the usual problematic one's. There used to be one crying
loud over documentation patches.

> This is true, but do you know how the chips are integrated in TT-1600. Final
> consumer product using certain chipsets usually does miss some features or
> parameter ranges of the integrated chips (especially SoC chips). Have you
> ever seen a PC motherboard? Well, now that you know how I meant what I said,
> it is perhaps time to acknowledge that the *card* manufacturer usually knows
> what their product is capable of. You know, they being the people who
> actually design all the circuitry on the PCB...

First of all i had completely no clue on it. That's why i was able to
write a driver for it.
(with sarcasm)
Mate you have no clue. The S2-1600 is based on a reference design and hence.
You have a lot to understand. I don't give it a damn which way to take
it to heart.

Manu