Re: Review of the Linux driver for the TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD stick

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Ad Denissen <ad.denissen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> I have a TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD stick and more than 10 years of
> experience with Linux (drivers).
>
> This USB stick works fine under Windows, but I need it under Linux
> for my MythTV experiments in DVB-C mode.
>
> Can I help you in the cleanup of the Linux driver for this device?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Ad Denissen

Hello Ad,

The TerraTec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD makes use of the Micronas drx-k
demodulator.  There is currently no driver at all for this device in
the mainline Linux kernel.  As a result, getting the device to work in
the mainline kernel is much more than "cleanup".

Markus's support for the drx-k uses his closed source product, and
therefore is not eligible for inclusion in the Linux kernel.  You may
wish to contact him though if you are interested in a commercial
closed source solution.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs