Re: Fixed (Was:Re: saa7134/2.6.26 regression, noisy output)

Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2009, 01:04 +0200 schrieb hermann pitton:
> Hi,
>
> [snip]
> > >
> > > From: Benoit Istin <beistin@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >
> > > There are several months my hvr1110 stop working.
> > > This is very simple to fix, for my card revision at least, by setting a
> > > missing field to the hauppauge_hvr_1110_config.
> > >
> > Hello
> >
> > I see,
> > what i don't remember is, when searching for good parameters for this
> > card (1110), AGC and Co was not necessary...
> >
> > correct me if i'm wrong :
> >
> > patch from Anders impacts cards with .tuner_config=1
> > what i can do :
> >
> > step 1 :
> > see if we really need .tuner_config = 1  on  hvr_1110_config otherwise
> > change to .tuner_config = 0
> >
> > step 2 :
> > if needed, apply the patch from Anders and look if it's  better or not
> > both on analogic and dvb
> >
> > step 3 : report this results
> >

> > others ideas ?
>
> Seems I can't find any details about Benoit's eventually different card
> version in the mail archives.
>
> If it turns out we have revisions with LNA and without, we might try to
> provide a separate entry for the LNA version. Usually on Hauppauge cards
> we find means doing so.
>
> > PS : i need times because my multimedia box is on production and i
> > prefer test this on another pc, you know : why change when all is good ?
>
> Thanks for your time and no need for hurry.
>
> If you keep your old media modules folder, you just can put it back in
> place later again and "depmod -a" and you are done. Do "make rmmod" and
> delete the new media modules folder previously and you should be 100%
> back.
> (

Guys,

please.

It looks like this still can go on for some while.

I don't have the time and have zero income from all of this.

Does the new entity, kernellabs.com, Devin, Mike and Steven for now, do
confirm that this bug is assigned to them? (PCTV and Hauppauge)

Or do you prefer to have it further drifting over the lists and call
Hartmut and me for it?

Cheers,
Hermann