Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mcisely/pvrusb2-dev

Em Mon, 11 May 2009 22:09:26 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Em Sat, 9 May 2009 16:49:31 -0500 (CDT)
> Mike Isely <isely@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
>

> > Mauro:
> >
> > Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mcisely/pvrusb2-dev for various
> > pvrusb2 changesets.  Several have to do with IR as previously discussed
> > with Jean Delvare.  He's waiting for these changes.  Other stuff is more
> > of a miscellaneous / cleanup nature.

Hmm... this one failed when importing on -git:

Changeset: 11749
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman  <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
Commiter: Mike Isely <isely@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri May 01 22:36:33 2009 -0500
Subject: pvrusb2: remove driver_data direct access of struct device

In the near future, the driver core is going to not allow direct access
to the driver_data pointer in struct device.  Instead, the functions
dev_get_drvdata() and dev_set_drvdata() should be used.  These functions
have been around since the beginning, so are backwards compatible with
all older kernel versions.

Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

$ patch -p1 -i 11749.patch
patching file drivers/media/video/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-sysfs.c
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [n]

It seems that you've got a Greg's patch, removed the parts that touch on other
files, applied on your tree and asked me to merge it. Please, never do it,
since this will cause merge problems when exporting the patches to git. Next
time, just reply with an acked-by, and let Patchwork to add your ack on the
original patch.

Cheers,
Mauro