Re: Installation of Cinergy HTC USB Driver in Ubuntu Jaunty

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> There's no need for Micronas nor Trident to provide such kerneldrivers
>> as long as the userland driver is available. It's also much easier to
>> install than the earlier versions.
>
> Markus, This is your typical self-serving nonsense and it only serves to
> confuse the non-technical Linux community. Please don't try to spread your
> non-GPL tree and userland rhetoric on the list as it's not welcome.

it serves the question about linux support for those devices, if more
information is needed about it I can be contacted directly of course.

> This mailing list is dedicated the v4l-dvb GPL source code trees and
> associated applications. As far as I'm concerned your opinion is not
> welcome. Please keep all conversation related to promoting and developing
> the main repositories please.

maybe put up a policy, and also list devices which require a closed
source firmware which are basically alot linux supported devices
already. I'm mainly considered about having support for that, if you
don't like the way it is supported try to start to reverse engineer it
and don't bother about it.

> Peter, Devin is correct. If a vendor will not provide a driver then vote
> with your pocket and buy another product. If you do anything else you're not
> helping the rest of the community.

best regards,
Markus