Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~eandren/gspca/

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:42:07 -0300
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:21:53 +0200
> Erik Andrén <erik.andren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi Jean-Francois.
> > Please pull http://linuxtv.org/hg/~eandren/gspca/ for some more
> > 2.6.30+ related changeset.
> >
> > If Mauro has imposed some kind of changeset limit on you that forces
> > you to issue a pull request to Mauro each time you have pulled from
> > my repository then we might have a process issue which probably we
> > should discuss.
> > If you think it's too much work to issue these kinds of extra
> > requests then I can submit pull requests directly to Mauro, as my
> > code only touches the m5602 part of the gspca driver and any patch
> > touching the gspca core would first be posted to the list for
> > review.
>
> Wow! 196 patches!
>
> Instead of submitting such large pull requests, you should had,
> instead, submit more frequent smaller pull requests. I'll handle it
> directly, but you should be warned that eventually some of those
> patches will require changes. On that case, I'll point you the
> troubles I may found on the offending patch, and I'll wait for your
> fixes or comments about it. Only then I'll proceed (since it has some
> chances that you'll need to touch on other patches of this large
> series if such case happens).
>
> > That said I'm currently trying to push a backlog of changesets which
> > thankfully soon is done. The driver is currently in quite a stable
> > state and I'm not doing any active work on it for the moment, IOW
> > the steady stream of frequent pull requests will soon end.

Hi Mauro,

Well, as I told him many times, the best for Erik should be to ask you
directly to pull his changesets, but we started in an other way.

Actually, I have two repositories: 'v4l-dvb' which is under the main
v4l-dvb, and 'gspca' which is desynchronized and is used for tests.
Erik's repository is under this last one. When I get pull requests from
him, I do 'hg export' from his repository and 'hg import' to my test
repository. Then I do again export and import from my test to my main
for a pull request to you. Eventually, when I get a new pull request
from Erik, 'hg incoming' from Erik to my test repository gives me again
the previous changesets. So, I have to check them and apply only the
new changesets. Is there any method to avoid such a problem?

About this pull request, 'hg incoming' gives me only 56 changesets, but
I think that 30 ones were alrady applied...

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/