Re: [PULL] http://linuxtv.org/hg/~eandren/gspca/

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:21:53 +0200
Erik Andrén <erik.andren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jean-Francois.
> Please pull http://linuxtv.org/hg/~eandren/gspca/ for some more
> 2.6.30+ related changeset.
>
> If Mauro has imposed some kind of changeset limit on you that forces
> you to issue a pull request to Mauro each time you have pulled from
> my repository then we might have a process issue which probably we
> should discuss.
> If you think it's too much work to issue these kinds of extra
> requests then I can submit pull requests directly to Mauro, as my
> code only touches the m5602 part of the gspca driver and any patch
> touching the gspca core would first be posted to the list for review.

Wow! 196 patches!

Instead of submitting such large pull requests, you should had, instead, submit
more frequent smaller pull requests. I'll handle it directly, but you should be
warned that eventually some of those patches will require changes. On that
case, I'll point you the troubles I may found on the offending patch, and I'll
wait for your fixes or comments about it. Only then I'll proceed (since it has
some chances that you'll need to touch on other patches of this large series if
such case happens).

> That said I'm currently trying to push a backlog of changesets which
> thankfully soon is done. The driver is currently in quite a stable
> state and I'm not doing any active work on it for the moment, IOW
> the steady stream of frequent pull requests will soon end.
>
> Best regards,
> Erik Andrén

Cheers,
Mauro