Re: [linux-dvb] Pinnacle HD Stick (801e SE) and i2c issues

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:42 AM, John Orth <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for your prompt response, Devin.
>>
>> 1.  Are you sure the port on the PC supports USB 2.0?
>
> According to the M3A78-EM spec, all 6 USB ports are 2.0, so I don't think
> that is the issue.  I will double-check this, though.
>>
>> 2.  Which application are you using to test with?
>
> I am using MythTV to view video, the "scan" utility from the Ubuntu package
> dvb-apps, and I compiled "w_scan" from source.
>>
>> 3.  Are you doing anything with suspend/resume on the PC?
>
> Not at the moment.  The only power save feature I have enabled is turning
> off the monitor, but these issues occur before the system is idle long
> enough for that to take place.
>>
>> 4.  Are you plugged directly into the USB port, or are you using any
>> sort of USB extension cable?
>
> Yes, my 801e SE came with a short (~3") USB extension cable which I am using
> to snake the device out the back of the media shelf.  Not a huge deal if it
> needs to be removed, though.

Hmm...  Yeah, don't worry about the 3" cable that came with the 801e.
I just asked because I've seen 6 foot cables that had issues.

I suspect this is probably some issue with the USB host chipset.  The
error messages you provided suggest a problem sending commands to the
dib0700 USB bridge, so this does not appear to be related to the
s5h1411 or the xc5000.

I'll have to take a look at the code and see what I can figure out.
Do other high speed USB devices work with your host without any
problem (like USB hard drives, etc?)

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller