Re: gpsca kernel BUG when disconnecting camera while streaming with mmap (2.6.29-rc8)

> > >You did not tell which version of gspca you use. If it is the one of a
> > >kernel older than 2.6.30, you should update. Also, may this problem
> > >be reproduced?
> >
> > I'm using the built in one. I'm going to upgrade to 2.6.29 very soon. And
> > if problem still persists, I can build gspca outside the kernel instead.
> >

> 2.6.29 isn't good enough, you need the patch at
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=d08e2ce0ebb38f2b66d875a09ebab3ed548354ee
> which only hit Linus' tree 3 days ago.
>
> I'm not sure whether it is appropriate for that patch to go to -stable. There
> are other patches that affect the relevant code but that one looks like it is
> a fix for a real bug that should apply cleanly to 2.6.29.
>
> I guess if you are able to confirm if it fixes 2.6.29 for you that would be a
> good indication it is appropriate for -stable.

That patch does not help. It still panics inside gspca_set_alt0 when
calling STREAM_OFF, so something else causes gspca_dev->present not to
be cleared.

Another detail I noticed is that VIDIOC_DQBUF returns EAGAIN after I
have disconnected the camera.... Will try another version when I find
the time for it.

Stian Skjelstad