Re: The right way to interpret the content of SNR, signal strength and BER from HVR 4000 Lite

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sure, of course. Here is an updated list based on the information
>> that you accumulated. I have corrected some of them, which were not
>> accurate.
>
> Before I comment any further on your email, could you please clarify
> what you mean by "Relative, confirms to API".  The current DVB API
> specification does not specify any units of measure for the content of
> the field, so I am not sure what you mean by this.

Sorry about not responding earlier, wasn't feeling well at all and
hence.

By Relative, i meant dimensionless, but still it makes some sense
based on some documented references.

What i mean "relative" is that the API expects something like this.
http://linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps/file/5fbdd3f898b1/util/szap/README

Regards,
Manu