Re: Patch implementing V4L2_CAP_STREAMING for zr364xx driver

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:25:10 -0300
Lamarque Vieira Souza <lamarque@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 	Hi,
>
>         I have implemented V4L2_CAP_STREAMING for the zr364xx driver (see the
> attached file). Could you review the code for me? My
> Creative PC-CAM 880 works, but I do not have any other webcam to test the
> code. Besides the streaming implementation the patch also does:
>
> . re-implement V4L2_CAP_READWRITE using videobuf.
>
> . copy cam->udev->product to the card field of the v4l2_capability struct.
> That gives more information to the users about the webcam.
>
> . move the brightness setting code from before requesting a frame (in
> read_frame) to the vidioc_s_ctrl ioctl. This way the brightness code is
> executed only when the application request a change in brightness and not
> before every frame read. Is there any reason to set the brightness before
> every frame read?
>
> . comment part of zr364xx_vidioc_try_fmt_vid_cap. Skype + libv4l do not work
> if it is there and libv4's maintainer told me it is a driver bug, so I fix it.
>
> 	This patch is needed for applications such as mplayer, Kopete+libv4l and
> Skype+libv4l can make use of the webcam that comes with zr364xx chip. The
> patch is big, if you need it splitted into small patches I can do it.

Your patch didn't apply:

patching file drivers/media/video/zr364xx.c
Hunk #4 FAILED at 37.
1 out of 24 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/media/video/zr364xx.c.rej
Patch doesn't apply

Probably because you didn't generate it against the development tree. Could you please re-generate it against:
	http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvbg/v4l-dvb

The better is to clone it using:
	hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

Also, please test it against checkpatch tool, since there are a few coding style issues like:

	}
	else {

and
	if (foo)
	{

Violating Linux codingstyle. For more info, please read the README.patches file at the tree.

> Lamarque V. Souza
> http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm
> Linux User #57137 - http://counter.li.org/

Legal! outro brasileiro na lista! Bem vindo ao time.

Cheers,
Mauro