Re: patchwork tool

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 01:19:08 +0200
> vasaka@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> how should I format my post in order to patchwork tool understand
>> included patch correctly,
>
> If patchwork is not adding your patches there, then it means that the patches
> are broken (for example, line-wrapped), or that you're attaching it, and your
> emailer are using the wrong mime encoding type for diffs.
>
>> should I just format it like in v4l-dvb/README.patches described?
>> then how should I add additional comments to the mail which I do not
>> want to be in the patch log?
>
> All comments you add on your patch will be part of the commit message (except
> for the meta-tags, like from:).
>
>> It seems it is possible without special comment symbols.
>

> Cheers,
> Mauro

can it be that patch made by
$diff -uprN v4l-dvb.orig v4l-dvb.my > patch.patch
and make commit in .my tree did not complain still broken?

does gmail's web interface plain text mail composer has known issues,
which can interfere with sending patches?

vasaka