Re: V4L2 spec

Devin Heitmueller schrieb:
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM, wk <handygewinnspiel@xxxxxx> wrote:
Its a bad idea to expect someone else, the magic volunteer, doing work with
*deep impact* on the dvb driver API structure or documentation.
Working on this topic determines complete usability of the driver, so MAIN
DEVELOPERS have to REVIEW and CONTRIBUTE.
If they think, that they cannot do such work in parallel, they should to
stop work on drivers for some time.

Cut me a $25,000 check and I'll happily do it.  Otherwise, don't tell
a bunch of volunteer developers how they should be spending their
time.  What you happen to think is the important is not necessarily
what developers feel is the most valuable use of their time.
Devin,

during your work on drivers you use a lot of tools and applications, most probably a lot of them beeing open-source. Did YOU spend 25000usd for each of the developers of that tools which documentation you was using? Hopefully - after such a comment.

Documentation is part of development.

-Winfried