Re: get_dvb_firmware after first review

On Sonntag, 8. März 2009, schollsky@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've browsed through the file and tried to get up to date download
> locations. The ones on linuxtv.org remain largely unchecked, I presume
> they're okay.

As I already said: Kudos, very nice that someone does this now.

> Comments at the right side are pretty much self-explanatory I hope. For two
> firmware files I could not find a valid download location, newer pages
> provide more recent versions here. What I did not check is wether the
> firmware is working or not - I plainly rely on correct filenames and proper
> checking routine insinde.
>
> Hope you find this useful by now.

At first a formal suggestion: Do send a unified diff instead of the file
itself, this should show more easy what you did.

Second: The check routine uses the md5sum stored in $hash. And if checking is
fine, you can be sure you got the exact same file, regardless of what you
needed to change otherwise.

Regards
Matthias