From: DongSoo(Nathaniel) Kim [mailto:dongsoo.kim@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:41 AM
To: Sakari Ailus
Cc: Hiremath, Vaibhav; linux-media@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; linux-
omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Aguirre Rodriguez, Sergio Alberto; Toivonen
Tuukka Olli Artturi; Hiroshi DOYU
Subject: Re: [RFC 0/9] OMAP3 ISP and camera drivers

Hi Sakari,

I'm also facing same issue with Hiremath.

Here you are my kernel stack dump.

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I was getting same kernel crash,  The reason is -

Since  isp_probe doesn't get called, leaving omap3isp = NULL. So isp_get will return -EBUSY from the very beginning of function.  And the function "omap34xxcam_device_register" which calls isp_get tries to access vdev->vfd->dev where it crashes. Which is completely wrong, since the vfd gets initialize later part of function

if (hwc.dev_type == OMAP34XXCAM_SLAVE_SENSOR) {
    rval = isp_get();
    if (rval < 0) {
        dev_err(&vdev->vfd->dev, "can't get ISP, sensor init 					failed\n");
[Vaibhav] - Here it crashes.
         goto err;
     }
}

There are some instances where vdev->vfd is being accessed before initializing.

Ooops.

Some parts of those dev_* were just mechanically changed from something else. And I think Alexey Klimov already notified me about that problem. I'm surprised that it was hit it so soon. ;)

Just removing the dev_err helps to resolve the crash, I guess. You could use late_initcall instead of module_init in the sensor, but that's just a hack, too.

If you are using modules, please load iommu2 and omap3-iommu before isp-mod.

--
Sakari Ailus
sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx