Re: [RFC 0/9] OMAP3 ISP and camera drivers

Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Sakari, Let me ask you basic question, have you
tested/verified these patch-sets?

For the ISP and camera drivers, yes. That's actually the only thing that's contained in the patchset.

The reason I am asking this question is, for me it was not working. I
had to debug this and found that -

- Changes missing in devices.c file, so isp_probe function will not
be called at all, keeping omap3isp = NULL. You will end up into
kernel crash in omap34xxcam_device_register.

Anyway a crash shouldn't happen here. Could I see the kernel oops if there was such?

- The patches from Hiroshi DOYU doesn't build as is, you need to add
one include line #include <linux/hardirq.h> in iovmmu.c (I am using
the patches submitted on 16th Jan 2009)

Just pull the iommu branch, the Hiroshi's original patches are missing some hacks that you need to use them now. I'd expect Hiroshi to update the patchset when he comes back.

I have attached "git diff" output here with this mail for reference.

Please pull also the "base" branch.

--
Sakari Ailus
sakari.ailus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx