DVB v3 API question

Hi all,

I've made a v4l-dvb tree containing the old DVB API sources as found here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/DVB/doc/dvbapi/.

This tree is here: http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-api

Run 'make spec' to build both the v4l2-spec and the dvb-spec, or
run 'make -C dvb-spec' to build only the latter. You'll need the transfig
package to get the dvb-spec to compile.

My question is if this is indeed the most recent version that we have? There
is a dvb-api-v4 pdf document, but it is my understanding that v4 was
actually never implemented and never got beyond the proposal stage. Is that
correct? Or are there bits and pieces that were actually used?

The original documentation for v4 is here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/dvb-kernel-v4/linux/Documentation/dvb/

If someone can tell me the best version to use, then I'll merge it in
v4l-dvb and people can start to update this document. I can actually do the
updates for the audio.tex and video.tex part myself.

Regards,

	Hans