Re: firmware

Matthias Schwarzott  wrote:
> I don't get you.

I was having a little fun.  My remarks contained references to Lewis
Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland".

Nowadays, the expression "follow the rabbit" (which, stemming from
Alice's Adventures, is actually  abbreviated from the act of following
the rabbit down the hole) implies that one will discover something by
following the metaphorical rabbit (which, in this case, was the link to
wiki article on firmware, which itself  contained links to the xc3028 IC
family article).

Though perhaps not a particularly common expression, I'm sure that most
are familiar with it or have come across it in other forms and
presentations.  Pop culture, for example, has many such references --
take the movie "The Matrix", for example, in which, IIRC, the character
Morphieus invites Neo to "follow the rabbit"

> What do you want for Gentoo? checking the wiki content about firmware?

Gentoo is, typically, not associated as a beginners distro.  It,
generally speaking, requires or, at the very least,  affords the user
the opportunity to become more familiar with the underlining
architecture and mechanics of the OS.  One might be tempted to call that
a discovery process.

Hence, when a Gentoo user like Michele states that they require a
firmware entitled "xc3028L-v36.fw", I'm (rightly or wrongly) making an
implicit assumption that they would be perceptive enough to make the
relevant connection(s) and press forth when presented with a
metaphorical rabbit.