Re: firmware

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> CityK,
>
> That actually wasn't a very helpful link you sent ... the page on the XC3028 and XC2028 pointed to on
> that page makes no reference to getting the firmware for the low power version of the chip.
>
> Michele,
>
> You can get the firmware here:
>
> http://steventoth.net/linux/hvr1400/xc3028L-v36.fw

My apologies, I first off, didn't notice the low power chip, and, in any
regard, even if I had, I was under the impression that it was documented
there.  I will amend that shortly.

Devin Heitmueller wrote:

>>> Follow the rabbit: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Firmware
>>>

> CityK,
> That actually wasn't a very helpful link you sent ... The user would
> have to know he has a Xceive 3028L tuner, and even if he had been able
> to figure that out,

I would hope that someone using Gentoo (hardly a hands off distro) would
be sharp enough to know how to follow the rabbit down the hole  ...
although I'd advise that they avoid sipping from any vessel labelled
with the words "Drink Me"