Adding a control for Sensor Orientation

Hi all,

Hans Verkuil put forward a convincing argument that sensor orientation
shouldn't be part of the buffer flags as then it would be unavailable to
clients that use read() so it looks like implementing a read only control is
the only appropriate option.

It seems that Sensor Orientation is an attribute that many cameras may want to
expose so it shouldn't be a private control. Olivier Lorin's example patch
created a new CAMERA_PROPERTIES class. I'm not sure that a new class is
really justified so would like to hear other views on where the control
should live (and also if everyone is happy with Hans Verkuil's suggested name
of SENSOR_ORIENTATION which I prefer to Olivier Lorin's SENSOR_UPSIDE_DOWN as
we want to represent HFLIP and VFLIP as well as upside down (which as
currently implemented means 180 degree rotation.))

Assuming that it is considered inappropriate to add a new control as
an "Old-style 'user' control" then it is also, I presume, necessary to extend
gspca to support VIDIOC_G_EXT_CTRLS as at the moment it requires all control
access to use VIDIOC_G_CTRL. Would doing this conflict with anything anyone
else may be working on such as conversion to use v4l2_device.

Thoughts please.

Adam Baker