libv4l2 library problem

Hi Hans,

I've developed a converter for the HM12 format (produced by Conexant MPEG
encoders as used in the ivtv and cx18 drivers).

But libv4l2 has a problem in its implementation of v4l2_read: it assumes
that the driver can always do streaming. However, that is not the case for
some drivers, including cx18 and ivtv. These drivers only implement read()
functionality and no streaming.

Can you as a minimum modify libv4l2 so that it will check for this case? The
best solution would be that libv4l2 can read HM12 from the driver and
convert it on the fly. But currently it tries to convert HM12 by starting
to stream, and that produces an error.

This bug needs to be fixed first before I can contribute my HM12 converter.

A second question is if it is possible to let the code conform to
checkpatch? A tabsize of 2 is rather hard to read IMHO. And it avoids the
checkpatch errors as well when you do a make commit. I'm willing to do a
pass over the code to clean it up if you want.

Regards,

	Hans