Re: KWorld ATSC 115 all static

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 08:07:47 -0200
Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 00:26:06 -0500
> CityK <cityk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Nope -- as I mentioned, dropping back to a snapshot from roughly 3 weeks
> > ago and applying Mike's patch works with both the nv and nvidia driver,
> > hence disproving that it is anything X related.
>
> CityK,
>
> It seems I missed your email with the detailed logs.
>
> Let's go by parts: Let's first try to solve the issue with the i2c gate, in
> order to have both analog and digital modes to work properly. After having it
> fixed, we can go ahead and check if the issue with some softwares are a
> regression at the driver (or at v4l core) or something else at X space.
>
> Could you please send me the logs of the driver of it working (old tree +
> Mike's patch) and not working (with current tip)?
>
> Please load it with the following debug options:
> 	modprobe saa7134 i2c_scan=1 video_debug=3 core_debug=1 i2c_debug=1

Also, please test the new code I made available at:

	http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mchehab/saa7134

It contains a code that will hopefully fix this issue.

> Btw, I have one PCMCIA board with me that stopped working with Hans patches
> applied at tip. So, I suspect that some regression were caused by the i2c
> conversion. I'll use this board to debug the driver.

The issue here seems to be unrelated: sometimes, tda8290/tda8275 is not
detected on my MSI TV@nyware A/D NB device. The chip simply stops answering at
address 0x4b (7bit notation). Not sure why and not sure if this is a regression
or not. Anyway, while debugging it, I noticed that the i2c gate control for
those devices were broken. I wrote some patches to fix (also at the same tree),
but this didn't solve the issue (it will probably solve another issue with
sleep/wakeup on this device).

Michael,

Please take a look at the tda8290/tda827x patches

Cheers,
Mauro