Re: [linux-dvb] Technotrend Budget S2-3200 Digital artefacts on HDchannels

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alex Betis wrote:

>>> its

>>> It was a long time back, don't remember. It has nothing to do with
>>> the frequency of the transponder, but just the master clock. You can
>>> run it to a maximum of 108Mhz overclocked, 99Mhz to be safe and
>>> sufficient.

>>> May god help you. I didn't know that you knew more than the
>>> demodulator manufacturer !
>>
>> Please speak for yourself, I never said I know more than a manufacturer.
>> I wrote a fact.
>> Intel also rate their chips and everybody overclocks them to crazy ratings.

>>> and
>>> majority
>>> Ok, be happy with his change and keep quiet. 135Mhz is out of bounds
>>> of the hardware specification. You are on your own. Raising the
>>> master clock, doesn't bring you any advantage.
>>
>> Did someone overclock you as well?
>> Chill out!
>> It would be better if you'll be more productive instead of quieting people
>> who try to help.
>>
>> Again, I'm commenting facts. As I saw from the reports the overclock seems
>> to help with the problem.
>>

>>> From your statement (and the patch), it is clearly evident that you
>>> don't understand head or tail what you are stating or patched the
>>> code for:
>>
>> So be so kind, and add comments to the code you write so everybody could
>> find its head and tail when trying to fix bugs.
>> It is clearly evident that you don't really want that someone else will
>> understand your code.
>>
>> Again, facts are that the patch help and make the device more stable for
>> DVB-S channels.
>>

>> Oh well, I hate that I had to get so low with my message, but that's that
>> happen when someone try to align with your expressions.
>> In case you didn't know, you're not alone in the universe, get used to it.
>
> I should be the one who should be kicked for trying to help you.

I am writing just to share my experience with tt3200 drivers. The
following are just observations about the behavior of my card:

1. The card has never tuned reliably with the v4l-dvb s2api driver or
the multiproto driver. This concerns not just high rate dvb-s2
transponders but also some plain dvb-s transponders as well. And this
is not just random hiccups but consistent behavior. German Eurosport @
19.2e is a prime example.
2. When Igor first increased the high clock to 135MHz, there was a
marked improvement. All of the tuning issues were gone. However I am
using a rotor and the higher clock rate somehow broke rotor control.
3. Next Igor backed down the high clock to 99MHz and introduced a
"very high clock" of 135MHz. Tuning went back to unreliable. Rotor
control was ok.
4. I bought a hvr4000. And now all of my issues are gone.