Re: Bogus index in man-pages book from other projects

Hi Deri,

On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 03:19:14PM +0000, Deri wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> It is not locale, it is a Branden thing!

> If you use the deri-gropdf-ng branch of groff, which

Thanks!

> Branden offered to do the release to master for me and has sat on it for 9 months, all
> languages are now supported since UTF-16 is now used. It is difficult to understand his
> reluctance to make groff pdfs accessible to all languages, perhaps as an American he just
> does not want the Russians and Chinese using his lovely groff, it is as likely as the rest of
> the spurious arguments he has hinted, but never specified. "I feel the code is not robust.",
> without giving an example of how it could fail, knowing that if he did I would just make
> the code "more robust"!!
>
> Anyway, this what I get if I build the Russian version.

Hmmm, that one looks great.

BTW, I've seen another glitch:

In the gpasswd(1) page, at the bottom (SEE ALSO, aka, СМОТРИТЕ ТАКЖЕ),
the last two man-page references don't show correctly.  Neither of them
have a link, and only the second shows up in bold.  The source is:

	alx@debian:~/src/shadow/shadow/build/man/ru$ tail man1/gpasswd.1
	содержит защищаемую информацию о группах
	.RE
	.SH "СМОТРИТЕ ТАКЖЕ"
	.PP
	\fBnewgrp\fR(1),
	\fBgroupadd\fR(8),
	\fBgroupdel\fR(8),
	\fBgroupmod\fR(8),
	\fBgrpck\fR(8),
	\fBgroup\fR(5), \fBgshadow\fR(5)\&.

So it might be due to having two references in the same line.  I suspect
maybe the updated regex has some issues?

This happens in both the English and the Russian pages.

Have a lovely day!
Alex

--
<https://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>
Looking for a remote C programming job at the moment.