[draft] Code of conduct for Linux man-pages project

Hello all,

For some time now, I've been meaning to put up
a code of conduct for the Linux man-pages project.

I've put a draft up at:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/code_of_conduct.html

The draft is for the most part a direct lift from the Linux
kernel's Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct
(https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/code-of-conduct.html#code-of-conduct).
which in turn is derived from the Contributor Covenant
(https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html)

I've marked the CoC as draft, since some people may have suggestions
for improvements. In particular, I wonder if there is something better
than this for "Enforcement":

[[
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may
be reported by contacting the project maintainer, Michael Kerrisk, at
<mtk.manpages@xxxxxxxxx>.

In the event that you have a problem with the maintainer, there is no
formal process, but it is suggested that you send a report to the Linux
Kernel Code of Conduct Committee at <conduct@xxxxxxxxxx>.
]]

I have two doubts with the above:

In the first paragraph, the kernel CoC has by contrast an email
alias (conduct@xxxxxxxxxx) that redirects to a small committee
(https://www.kernel.org/code-of-conduct.html)
to look at reports. Ideally, any project would have the same
approach. Practically, I'm not sure that it's feasible approach
for man-pages, which is a much smaller project.
(Any volunteers for a committee?)

My doubts with the second paragraph stems from the first
paragraph. If I am listed as the receiver of reports, then
what happens if someone wishes to report an issue about me?
The only thing I could think of so far is that the report
should go to the Kernel conduct committee email alias, since
the kernel is a closely related project, and the committee is
unrelated to me. I'm not sure whether that's a responsibility
that that committee would want to have. Perhaps someone there
can comment.

Of course, practically speaking, there might never be any reports
in a low volume project like man-pages. Nevertheless, I think
it's worthwhile for any project to put out a message about
desired project conduct.

Thanks,

Michael

--