Re: Errors in man pages, here: wprintf(3): Wording

Hallo Michael,
On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 11:44:19AM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> On 4/19/20 8:48 AM, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > The text in the bracket in the 2nd sentence is difficult to understand
>
> I need a bit more elaboration here.

Please close this issue, cannot reproduce. Sorry for the noise.

But I noticed another possible issue when reading the text: Is the
(L\\(aq\\e0\\(aq) korrekt? Is the "L" supposed to be some markup?

> > "If no B<l> modifier is present: the I<const\\ char\\ *> argument is expected "
> > "to be a pointer to an array of character type (pointer to a string) "
> > "containing a multibyte character sequence beginning in the initial shift "
> > "state.  Characters from the array are converted to wide characters (each by "
> > "a call to the B<mbrtowc>(3)  function with a conversion state starting in "
> > "the initial state before the first byte).  The resulting wide characters are "
> > "written up to (but not including) the terminating null wide character (L\\(aq"
> > "\\e0\\(aq).  If a precision is specified, no more wide characters than the "
> > "number specified are written.  Note that the precision determines the number "
> > "of I<wide characters> written, not the number of I<bytes> or I<screen "
> > "positions>.  The array must contain a terminating null byte (\\(aq"
> > "\\e0\\(aq), unless a precision is given and it is so small that the number "
> > "of converted wide characters reaches it before the end of the array is "
> > "reached.  If an B<l> modifier is present: the I<const\\ wchar_t\\ *> "
> > "argument is expected to be a pointer to an array of wide characters.  Wide "
> > "characters from the array are written up to (but not including) a "
> > "terminating null wide character.  If a precision is specified, no more than "
> > "the number specified are written.  The array must contain a terminating null "
> > "wide character, unless a precision is given and it is smaller than or equal "
> > "to the number of wide characters in the array."

Greetings

           Helge

--
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx