Re: Suggestion/Discussion for mount_namespaces(7)

Hello Eric,

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 12:33, Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for taking the time to reply at length!

> My thoughts:
> a) I do forsee attacks
> b) Anyone can create a user namespace and then a mount namespace
>    so I don't see the point of a set-UID-root program.
> c) The work to support mounting a filesystem in your own
>    mount namespace owned by your own user namespace is essentially
>    complete at this point.

Re point (c), this includes mounts of block devices, right?

> Michael do we need to update the man pages somewhere to document that
> you can now mount fuse filesystems in any mount namespace?

That would be great. Perhaps this belongs in user_namesapces(7) (or
perhaps mount_namespaces(7)).  But I need some help with the text...

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk