Re: Lack of sshfs(1) man page

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
<mtk.manpages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Michael,

I've already lost hope to see any reply to my post but here it is.
Thanks for taking time to write your answers.

>> I was looking for sshfs man page at
>> http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/dir_section_1.html but it's not there.
>
> I've added it to my scripts, so it'll go out with the next site refresh.
> (See http://blog.man7.org/2013/05/adding-further-man-pages-to-html.html)

Thanks.

>> Also should I prefer man7.org/linux/man-pages/ man pages to
>> http://linux.die.net/man/ ones?
>
> It depends, and obviously I am biased. The pages rendered
> at man7.org tend to be (*much*) more up to date, and the
> COLOPHON tells you exactly where the page came from, and
> when. That info is not available on most other sites that
> provide HTML renderings, and the pages on some of those
> sites are years out of date. As outlined in the blog post,
> I am open to add projects to the rendered set, which currently
> comprises around 100 projects.

Thanks for info. Reading http://blog.man7.org/ I see you're maintainer
of man-pages project and at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/ page
there's a link ("Online man pages") to man7.org. Is there any
"official" relation between these two projects (man-pages and
man7.org)?

Am I right to think that providing up to date man pages online for all
"popular" projects seems to be very valuable service to the GNU/Linux
community? If so does man7.org receive support from major
institutions, projects and communities in the GNU/Linux world?  Is
there any chance man7 and linux.die.net/man/ would cooperate so that
it would be easier to find up to date online man pages? Also curious
to know where does the name of "man7" come from?

Regards,
Piotr