Re: mallinfo(3) man page for review

Hi

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages)
<mtk.manpages@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've written the man page page below to document glibc's mallinfo(3).
> Review comments welcome!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

I don't find any issue. a few nit are below.

> .TP 10
> .I arena
> The total amount of memory allocated by means other than
> .BR mmap (2)
> (i.e., memory allocated on the heap).
> This figure includes both in-use blocks and blocks on the free list.
> .TP
> .I ordblks
> The number of ordinary (i.e., non-fastbin) free blocks.
> .TP
> .I smblks
> The number of fastbin free blocks (see
> .BR mallopt (3)).

It would be nice if a meaning of fastbin was described here.
It is allocation cache (for increasing cpu cache hit ratio) from
point of bird view.

> .TP
> .I hblks
> The number of blocks currently allocated using
> .BR mmap (2).

It would be nice if glibc malloc try to allocate memory by using mmap directly
if size is greater than MMAP_THRESHOLD.

Also nice if refer mallopt and MMAP_THRESHOLD.