Re: import queue(3) man page ?

Mike,

Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Sunday 26 October 2008, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 04:22:46AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
it's the "updated" part that's the rub.  stock glibc has an ancient
queue.h while we've been updating it in Gentoo.  i thought i checked and
found that man-pages simply didnt have one, but it's more a matter of it
being old.
When I imported queue.h it matches what was in glibc back then.  I tried
updating queue.h in glibc around the same time, but Uli doesn't like it.

yeah, it should get updated or punted already.

Updating the man page to reflected some distro fork of the header
doesn't seem like a good idea.

i wasnt suggesting we do that. i was explaining why i started this thread in the first place.

And at least five year ago all the maintained BSDs actually had quite
different additions to queue.h, so which one to pick would be rather
hard and I at least partially understand Uli's rejection.

meh, having an outdated one is just as bad i think.

Are there some specific pieces you can see that need fixing in the
upstream page?  If so, would you have the time to write a patch?

thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Kerrisk
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/docs/man-pages/man-pages.git