Re: [jlayton:mgtime 5/13] inode.c:undefined reference to `__invalid_cmpxchg_size'

On Tue, Jul 9, 2024, at 17:27, Jeff Layton wrote:
On Tue, 2024-07-09 at 17:07 +0200, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
On Tue, Jul 9, 2024, at 16:23, Jeff Layton wrote:

The context for this is generally a write or other change to an inode,
so I too am hoping the overhead won't be too bad. It does take great
pains to avoid changing the ctime_floor value whenever possible.

Ok, I see. Have you considered hooking directly into the code
in kernel/time/timekeeping.c then?

Since the coarse time is backed by the timekeeper that itself
is a cache of the current time, this would potentially avoid
some duplication:

- whenever the tk_core code gets updated, you can update
  the ctime_floor along with it, or integrate ctime_floor
  itself into the timekeeper

- you can use the same sequence count logic, either with the
  same &tk_core.seq or using a separate counter for the
  ctime updates

      Arnd