Re: [FSL P50x0] [PASEMI] The Access to partitions on disks with an Amiga partition table doesn't work anymore after the block updates 2023-06-23

Hi Michael.

Michael Schmitz - 01.07.23, 04:05:30 CEST:
The RDB format description URL that appears in one of your messages
from the 2012 thread has gone dead. I'll try to find it on Wayback
later. In the meantime, I will submit a patch to fix the new bug ...
We can has out details in the inevitable review process.

Hmm, I think they just went for prettier URLs:

https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/RDB

But there is not much on it.

Not sure whether there is a more detailed explanation anywhere on the
net. I am pretty sure there is more in the NDK/SDK tough. And indeed
there is:

AmigaOS 3.x NDK

https://www.hyperion-entertainment.com/index.php/downloads?
view=files&parent=40

I found it in: Include_H/devices/hardblocks.h

This is at least an include with the exact structure of the RDB and of
the partition blocks. There are some explanations in the comments. Maybe
there is something more elsewhere in this NDK.

You can unpack this using lhasa, easily available in Debian based
distributions.

AmigaOS 4.x Software Development Kit

https://www.hyperion-entertainment.com/index.php/downloads?
view=files&parent=30

This is a bit more time consuming to dig through. I skip it for now.

Best,
--
Martin