Re: reliable reproducer, was Re: core dump analysis

Hi Andreas,

Am 23.04.2023 um 06:38 schrieb Andreas Schwab:
On Apr 23 2023, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Now I wonder who adds sigmask ... and whether that's also ending up on the
user stack.

The kernel only writes the first 64 bits of the signal mask, as it does
for all signal mask related syscalls.  The kernel version of the context
ends after that; since the user-space version is larger it actually
extends into the next stack frame.

Yep, seen that now, but only with rt signals this gets copied at the very end of the signal context.

I'll have to double check my calculations to see where this will actually end up on the stack in either case.

I'll see whether the signal context is available on the stack even if the handler isn't passed that parameter.

Cheers,

	Michael