Re: reliable reproducer, was Re: core dump analysis

On Fri, 21 Apr 2023, Michael Schmitz wrote:

How often did a page fault happen when executing moveml, in other
programs?

The printk() I placed in bus_error030() was conditional on the short word
at the instruction pointer. It didn't consider all forms of movem, just
0x48e7 which is the start of "moveml X,%sp@-". This matched page faults in
many of the programs that executed while booting to single user mode. I
suppose most of them don't use signal handlers in the same way dash does
otherwise they would probably be unreliable too.