Re: Kernel versions 6.x don't boot on Amiga 4000

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023, Michael Schmitz wrote:

Bisected to commit 376e3fdecb0dcae2 ("m68k: Enable memtest
functionality") in v5.17-rc1.  Reverting that on top of latest fixes
the issue.

Yes, I'm sorry to say that was the only likely candidate. Can't see why
though - are Macs all configured to have RAM start at address zero, and
possibly contiguous, Finn?

I don't really understand your question. This was not a Mac patch. The
issue seems to be about the locations initrd_start and initrd_end in
relation to the various memory segments (?)

This seems to be the same bug that was raised about 6 months ago... I had
thought it was a bootloader bug but I'm out of my depth here.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2022/09/msg00047.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2022/09/msg00051.html
https://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2022/09/msg00055.html