Re: Kernel versions 6.x don't boot on Amiga 4000

Hi Adrian,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023 at 3:51 PM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I tested Debian's most recent m68k kernels from the 6.0.x and 6.1.x series and

Thanks for testing!

neither of these boot on my Amiga 4000/060. Both get stuck at the ABCDGHIJK
message.

Looks surprisingly similar to the issue reported by Stan.
Do the mitigations given in
https://lore.kernel.org/all/CAMuHMdUtkr2zvZiJfLXvs9d_inJbktSNqQQfO1oxnJHZeoYcHg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
help?

FWIW, I noticed that the kernel image itself is already over 7 MB, not sure
whether this is a problem.

Depends on how much RAM you have ;-)

Anyone else tried a recent kernel on their Amigas?

I really should start booting on real Amiga hardware again...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds