Re: Amiga PCMCIA network card support

On Mon, 28 Oct 2019, Kars de Jong wrote:

For starters. it does not identify my chip correctly, it says it's a
FAS100A (it's actually a Symbios Logic 53CF94-2 which is more like a
FAS236). But after I fixed that it still doesn't work.

Can you send the log? I have a script to decode the output from
esp_dump_cmd_log() which might help here.

One difference between the new driver and the old one is its support for
tagged commands. I haven't found an easy way to disable that yet though.

I pushed some debug patches to my github that might help.
https://github.com/fthain/linux/commits/esp-debug

There's a patch that adds the option to disable TCQ
(esp_scsi.esp_use_tcq=0), and one to disable disconnect/reselect etc.

There's also a patch to disable DMA in the zorro_esp driver (requires the
parameter esp_scsi.esp_disable_sync=1) that might help with debugging the
FAS236 esp_rev problem.