Re: Amiga PCMCIA network card support

Hello!

Op ma 28 okt. 2019 om 12:08 schreef John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Kars!
had similar issues with the last 2.6.2x kernel I tested in 2008(?),
after switching to the new ESP driver.
The drive is identified, set to synchronous 10 MHz mode, some
transfers are done but then it locks up. After the ESP driver runs its
recovery procedure, the bash that I run as init process exits with
code 4.

Wait, do you have build issues or do you have issues running the driver?

Running. Building was fine.

The new zorro_esp has seen a lot of rewrite. So old bugs might have been
fixed now.

Yes, for Mac support etc. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. For
starters. it does not identify my chip correctly, it says it's a
FAS100A (it's actually a Symbios Logic 53CF94-2 which is more like a
FAS236).
But after I fixed that it still doesn't work.

One difference between the new driver and the old one is its support
for tagged commands. I haven't found an easy way to disable that yet
though.

But I will be attending FOSDEM and Geert is coming as well (at least he
has been to every FOSDEM so far ;)), so we can maybe have a small m68k
meeting. I'm coming with two friends who are also Linux hackers.

Would be cool... Last time I went to something like that was the
Oldenburg meeting of 1998 ;-)

Also, someone once tested this on his A1200 which had a 68030 and I
believe it broke. Something about ioremap() not accepting physical
addresses that were already mapped by a fixed mapping (Zorro II
address space).

Doesn't this depend on the type of accelerator used? I think some of them
cause incompatibilities with the PCMCIA slot, don't they?

I don't think that was the issue. Roman Zippel provided a patch which
fixed it, but his last comment on the matter was

... it should have also worked without the patch, so
there is still some other problem, I'd like to find.

bye, Roman

We never got to that, and Roman seems to have disappeared.

I will try to prepare a patch for the IRQ handling.

Nice. Thank you! Really cool to see more and more people starting to work
on Linux/m68k again :). This shows that all the effort I put into Debian/m68k
was worth it!

Thanks, I'll try installing a more recent Debian on my Amiga.

Kind regards,

Kars.