Re: Amiga PCMCIA network card support

Kars,

Am 25.10.2019 um 20:25 schrieb Kars de Jong:

2) Rework <asm/io.h> so inb()/inw()/inl(), outb()/outw()/outl(),
insb()/insw()/insl() and outsb()/outsw()/outsl() "just work" for
PCMCIA address space without having to create ugly hacks in the
generic drivers. This is not trivial because of the strange memory
mapping of the Amiga PCMCIA slot.

If you can come up with a way to achieve that (somehow selecting between 8 bit and 16 bit mode at run time), I'd love to hear about it. I've experimented a bit with the ne.c driver to allow for run time selection of the correct IO access functions, but never came up with something that I'd expect to get past the netdev folks.

3) ...
4) Profit!

Oh, the 3c589_cs driver needed an ugly hack because some of the
registers just didn't read out properly on the Amiga with 16-bit
access. That issue is also described in the source code for the
AmigaOS driver.

Precisely, and this is the main reason why we can currently compile the driver for either 8 bit or 16 bit access, but not both.

@Andreas: I've sent a rough draft of a isp1763 driver to Adrian Glaubitz and Michael Karcher a few months ago. Doesn't do anything useful yet, and needs someone debugging where it goes wrong carefully. That was based on 4.18, but shouldn't be hard to get ported to 5.x. I can resend that if there's any interest.

Cheers,

	Michael