Re: debian-installer progress and input needed

Hi Adrian,

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 11:21 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thus, I would to ask around which modules are needed for the various
hardware people have, e.g. SCSI driver for 68k Macs, IDE drivers for
Amiga and Atari and so on.

The drivers need to be added to the corresponding module list in [2]
which will add them to module packages. The module packages then
have to be included in the pkg-list for d-i on m68k [3]. Of course,
the drivers need to be enabled in the kernel configuration as well.

You can extract a list of SCSI/IDE drivers needed from the defconfigs at:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/m68k/configs

All needed drivers should be builtin in the defconfigs above.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds