Re: Linux 4.11 FTBFS on m68k

Andreas,

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 6:19 PM, Andreas Schwab <schwab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mai 14 2017, Michael Schmitz <schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

this may be compiler version specific - I recall these functions were
used from the kernel source with gcc 3.3.6 or thereabouts (I had to add
__divdi3 five years ago for some driver that needed it and it wasn't
then provided by gcc for some reason).

The kernel deliberately does not use libgcc, and it does not want a
64-bit devision on 32-bit archs.

At that time, it clearly didn't use libgcc. It's hard to be certain
but as far as I can reconstruct, the 64 bit division might have been
required for the isp116x-hcd USB driver (the ndelay used in there,
specifically). The current implementation clearny doesn't need 64 bit
division anymore.

Anyway, I missed the point about the __mode() macro no longer being
found - nothing to do with the arch/m68k/lib functions, nothing to see
here. Sorry about the noise.

Cheers,

  Michael