Re: Atari TT

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Michael Schmitz
<schmitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The ne.c network driver does not appear to tolerate interrupts arriving before
the device has been configured, at least in the early boot phases. I'm uncertain
whether it would work even with my latest patches applied - maybe I can find
some time on the weekend to test that.

Stupid ISA-only driver without IRQ sharing support...

The hydra and zorro8390 driver should handle that case fine, as interrupts are
shared on Amiga.

Geert: is there some way for kernel network drivers to figure out whether the
network subsystem has been initialized, and hold off interrupt processing
before that time? I'm using 'if (netif_running(dev))' in atari_ethernec but
that does not appear to prevent the lockup.

Doesn't the driver know when it's configured?

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds