Re: Atari TT (next)

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 20:55, Thorsten Glaser <tg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:
Don't tell me. My Amiga also has only 12 MiB of Fast RAM. Where are
the days my Amiga was mailserver for 70 people, many of them logging
in remotely to read their email with pine? Debian is getted too bloated,

;-)

It’s not just that. XFree86 4, for example, is a memory hog compared
to XF86 3, and Unicode support eats up lots and lots of RAM.

xserver-xfbdev based on kdrive still exists, right?
But AFAIK it lacks Amiga and Atari frame buffer device support. Fixing
that has been on my list for a looooong time...

I have less packages (incl.daemons) installed than 12 years ago, but the
system is still much slower.

Hm, slower too?

Yep. No free RAM, so everything causes swapping.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds