Re: Atari TT (next)

Geert Uytterhoeven dixit:

Don't tell me. My Amiga also has only 12 MiB of Fast RAM. Where are
the days my Amiga was mailserver for 70 people, many of them logging
in remotely to read their email with pine? Debian is getted too bloated,

;-)

It’s not just that. XFree86 4, for example, is a memory hog compared
to XF86 3, and Unicode support eats up lots and lots of RAM.

I have less packages (incl.daemons) installed than 12 years ago, but the
system is still much slower.

Hm, slower too?

On the other hand, in the time since I started with m68k, I think
it got faster (except compiling gcc itself, but that was to be
expected) and, even more important, more responsible.

I really need more time to work on an OpenWRT-based solution ;-)

Or FreeWRT, or OpenADK, or… ;-)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
  “Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like having
          a peeing section in a swimming pool.”