Re: Linux on Amiga A600, a success story (in progress, with possible patch)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 00:04, Michael Schmitz
<schmitzmic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
the debian system and mknod'ing all needed device-files everything seems
to be running fine, with the exception of the RTC (i think that's my
fault, something i missed while configuring my kernel, is there
something needed besides of genrtc to get the A600/A603-clock working?)

Do you know what clock chip is used on the A603? I had a quick look on the
net, but couldn't find it (I did see a picture of an A604 with a partially
covered chip that said M6242). If you can't find it, I can ask Jens.

Might be the wrong /dev/rtc device - it should be major 254 minor 0
not major 10 minor 135 (or whatever).

That can also be the problem. Note that the 254/0 is a dynamic number,
so it may be different for you.

You can check under /sys/class/devices whether your rtc was found.
I think there's also a virtual file there to show the current time without
having to use hwclock.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds