Re: Debian/m68k kernel (preview)

On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 21:00 +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
Christian T. Steigies dixit:

As Geert wrote, almost all patches will make it into the official kernel
tree, only m68k usually needs them a little sooner.

OK, Iâve tracked down the patches that were indeed submitted,
added the SLUB workaround, and prepared another source package.
Itâs currently building (cross, for speed of testing), but if
you like, you can review the patch Iâd ask the Debian Kernel
Team to include later (if this works). My patch is based on
linux-2.6_2.6.38-3 since thatâs what was in main when I began,
but should work against the scheduled -4, too. Iâve reduced
the number of patches to what I think is the minimum needed.

You don't need to unset ECONET or X25 in debian/config/m68k/config; they
are explicitly unset in the top-level config.

Some of the changes to debian/config/m68k/* were already in
sid/2.6.32 in Debian but not in what was trunk back then, so
Iâve re-added them. I think they come from Stephen Marenka.

I donât know how the ABI files are generated, thereâs none for
m68k yet. Please tell me if I have to do something.
[...]

They are based on the Module.symvers files generated during a build and
included in the linux-headers-* packages.  They are added to the *next*
version of the source package if we are intending to maintain the ABI,
using debian/bin/abiupdate.py.  If there has not been a successful build
of kernel version '2.6.38-2' for m68k then there is no need to add them.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings