Re: [RFC 0/5] tty: move stuff around

On Thursday 02 September 2010, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 11:26, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
  - generic_serial-based:

      o MVME147_SCC
      o MVME162_SCC
      o BVME6000_SCC
      o A2232

    All of these were marked BROKEN lately due to generic_serial,
while there's even a
    new ATARI_SCC under "active" development...

Ok, so I'll keep the plan of moving generic_serial to staging.

  - plain drivers/char:

      o SERIAL167
      o AMIGA_BUILTIN_SERIAL

Since these are the builtin ports for the Amiga and MVME16x
platforms, I suppose we should keep them around as long as the
platforms themselves are there and the code builds.

  - drivers/serial:

      o SERIAL_PMACZILOG (Mac)

    Sun 3/3x support might be (re)added to SERIAL_SUNZILOG

Same category I guess.

Thanks for your feedback!

	Arnd