Re: mac68k serial

Hi,

000004 modules linked in: m68k_handle_int+0x1c/0x36

call trace mac_scc_dispatch+0x3a/0x40 auto_irqhandler_fixup+0x4/0x6

also, i hacked the "emile-0.12" sources to build a monitor able to
serially talk: it works for both the 2 LC475 serial lines :P

is there anything about serial support for linux-m68k ?

The real driver for the serial ports on m68k Macintosh systems got
removed from the tree a long time ago and has not been replaced as of
this time. However, we still register mac_scc_dispatch as an interrupt
handler for the line that the SCC uses. This looks like you got an
interrupt for the serial chip and the interrupt code got confused trying
to dispatch to nothing. I've never seen it happen, but it does look like
that would be the expected behavior of the current code.

I've seen it happen. You should avoid sending anything to the mac serial
port. But you can still capture kernel messages from the mac serial port
without triggering the panic.

Can't you add an empty SCC dispatch that just returns, or will that cause an
interrupt storm?

It's on my list to fix, but I honestly haven't had much time to work on
it. My plan is to either share or copy pmac_zilog.c which is the driver
for the serial on PowerMacs rather than start from the Atari driver as
mentioned in the web page above. It's not only the same chip but
attached to the system in mostly the same way.

It's on my list, too. But above it are frame buffer, Nubus, SCSI and PMU
issues.

I'll get to working on simplifying the Atari SCC driver eventually, but that's
not top of my list either. I could give mac_scc a shot after that (starting
from pmac_zilog).

	Michael