Re: mac scsi, ncr5380

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008, Brad Boyer wrote:

It's possible that macsbug isn't generating the right size load request
to make the chip happy. The 6522 is really just an 8 bit chip, and I
think the address decoder gets unhappy if you do a 16 or 32 bit
load/store.

I see.

If [IRQ and DRQ] are really are wired to the same IRQ line on OSS, it
should have worked.

Right. From looking at the SCSI DMA ASIC datasheet, it's clear that DRQ
never leaves the chip. So for PDMA we'd have to poll the status register
in the NCR5380 logic cell. Same for models where IRQ_MAC_SCSIDRQ can't be
made to work.

...I would have thought that using DMA without the DRQ would be
pointless.

The DRQ signal is wired internally to the DMA state machine. But yeah, if
you couldn't get it to raise an EOP interrupt, it is pointless.

Finn