mac classic ii, was Re: PMU 68k

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008, J Silverman wrote:

Also, I looked at my busybox config and I don't see anything specific
for just the 68040.  So I think the issues you are having are possible
either related to the kernel or maybe my toolchain, which may explain
why I can't get a kernel boot past the first stage on my mac classic II.

I don't think your toolchain is to blame for the bus error. The kernel
shouldn't misbehave even if your busybox binary does.

Also, I don't think the bus error issue is the same problem affecting your
classic II since the problem I'm having seems to need userspace to trigger
it.

BTW, I found that my Mac IIci will not boot at all without CONFIG_FONT_8x8
enabled. Unfortunately the .config I sent to you has this disabled, which
leads to a very early boot failure and nothing at all on the serial port.
Being that it has RBV like the Mac IIci, the Classic II may do the same.

Finn